Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Is God friendly?

I had the following conversation with Littlemagette this morning:

Littlemagette (LM): Daddy, when am I going to die?

Mistermagette (MM): Well, hopefully not for a very long time.

LM: How long is a long time?

MM: Probably not until you're an old man.

LM: Daddy, I don't want to be an old man.

MM: Why not?

LM: Because then I'll die.

MM: Well, son, I don't think you need to worry about that right now.

LM: Daddy, is it scary when you die?

MM: Not at all. When somebody dies, everyone is really sad because they miss them. But the person who dies is actually really happy...because they get to go live with God.

LM: Is God friendly?

MM: Yes, son. God is very friendly. He's friendlier than anyone else you've ever met.

LM: You're tricking me, Daddy!

MM: What?

LM: You're being silly...God lives up in the sky and I can't go up in the sky! That's silly.

MM: (changing the subject) So what would you like to do today...?

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it weird when toddlers reach the philosophical stage? Where does that suddenly just enter the picture? Who tells them to be afraid of the dark and about death? I'd like to know - they really complicate things at home. ~ Mrs G

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... who knew a kid could think that well, smart kid mistermagette

    ReplyDelete