Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"Flipping" through the 'Net

I get most of my news and information from the internet. I love being able to quickly click through a diversity of pages from politics to news to sports to religion to science....you get the picture. But there's just something about setting down with a newspaper, magazine, or even a book and physically flipping through the pages. I miss that.* Once in awhile I would like to have back that physical relationship with the media I'm consuming.

And, as always, the Google Overlords** have heard my plight and are there for me. Googlelabs is testdriving a new feature called "Google Fast Flip". The idea is simple...use your mouse and cursor to "flip" through the front pages of popular websites, much like you would browse through the pages of a magazine. It's an uber-quick way to peruse top headlines and stories, and it's just a lot more fun than clicking buttons and embedded links. Try it. You'll like it.

*Full disclosure: I've been known to carry magazines around in my courier bag for weeks without ever reading them. I just like the feeling of knowing I can pull one out and leaf through it whenever I feel like it.

**Just to repeat what I've said here previously. I, for one, will welcome the rule of the Overlords when it comes.


(via, as is often the case, A. Sullivan)

No comments:

Post a Comment