Monday, April 13, 2009

Infomercial Hall of Fame

Since infomercials have been a previously discussed topic on this blog, I thought I'd let you all know that The Daily Beast has published their list of the 12 craziest infomercial pitchmen (or women). Here's the Cliff's Notes version:
1. Vince Shlomi: Can you use your ShamWow to clean your SlapChop?
2. Billy Mays: Could sell ice to Eskimos (and if you call in the next 20 minutes, he'll throw in some free Oxy-Clean).
3. Susan Powter: Stop the Insanity...a tall bald woman can probably scare me into buying ANYTHING.
4. Ron Popeil: Now what was I supposed to do after I set it?
5. Richard Simmons: Does "Sweating to the Oldies" refer to the music or the man?
6. Suzanne Somers: The Thighmaster...'nuff said.
7. Donald Trump: Will tell you how to get rich...
8. Jay Kordich: Can make healthy and delicious juice out of anything
9. Tony Little: A mullet with muscle.
10. Matthew Lesko: The government's giving away money...so why's he on my TV instead of standing in line trying to get some for himself?
11. John W. Scherer: Video professor...so certain you'll be satisfied, he'll send it to you for free.

Their 12th person is Billy Mays again, this time on Fox News. I think I'll substitute my own here:

12. Chuck Norris: He'll sell you a Total Gym and then kick your ass with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment