Thursday, April 16, 2009

iPod Shuffle

In 1994, Bon Jovi released Cross Road, their first "greatest hits" album. Among the album's "14 classic grooves were three new tracks: Always, Saturday Night, and an updated version of Livin' on a Prayer.

Saturday Night spoke to me the first time I heard it, and it has spoken to me continually since:
Hey, man, I'm alive.
I'm taking each day and night at a time.
Yeah I'm down, but I know I'll get by.
Hey, hey, hey, hey, man,
I gotta live my life.
Like I ain't got nothin'
But this roll of the dice.
I'm feeling like a Monday,
But someday I'll be Saturday night.
There's something hopeful here. It's an acknowledgment of the reality of life's hardships...but there's a strength in the human condition that allows us to shake off the past and look ahead with hopefulness. Each of us has the power to improve ourselves and our experiences. It's not a quick or easy process, but it's a doable one:
Someday I'll be Saturday night.
I'll be back on my feet,
I'll be doin' alright.
It may not be tomorrow, baby that's okay.
I ain't goin' down,
I'm gonna find a way.
You can check out the video here. Below is an acoustic version:

No comments:

Post a Comment