Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Productivity booster

This was posted on Freakonomics last week but I haven't gotten to it until today. I guess I'm a little slow...maybe that means I should spend more time browsing the Internet at work:
(If you're reading this at work)...you’re probably 9 percent more productive than your co-workers... That’s according to new research out of the University of Melbourne, which found that Workplace Internet Leisure Browsing (WILB) improves productivity by giving internet-centric workers a chance to refocus their minds between tasks. The increase is startling; workers who spend as much as 20 percent of their office time leisure browsing actually get more work done than workers who don’t.
I wonder if that applies to students at school as well...?

No comments:

Post a Comment